Saturday, July 14, 2007

Short Run - HA!

I admit it. I have gotten terrible about blogging. I don't know why but I will try to do better.
The run this morning was fantastic. It was hot, humid, miserable, draining, awful and wonderful all at the same time! I am just SO thankful to be out there again without any real aches and pains. I have been really drained all day though. I am sure it is because I sweated like a mule the whole time! I read in Runner's World that in order to acclimate to the heat you should walk or slow jog in the hottest part of the day a couple of days a week. I am not sure they know what it is like here in MS in the middle of the day. I may try that this week. If I don't have a heat stroke I will let you know.
My youngest daughter and her husband left for Kansas City, Mo this afternoon. They will be living there for a year of so. I am feeling very depressed but happy that she is getting life experiences. She needs to see what the rest of the world is like after living in MS all her life. I am going to miss her so much!
Clark and I went to see Evan Almighty this afternoon. It was not at all what I expected but was a great movie. It had a great message as Ann McElroy said. Random acts of kindness will change the world. I believe that.
I challenge each one of us to do one small random act of kindness this week - anonymously. Let's see how it makes us feel and maybe blog about it next week?
Jana

7 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

It was so good to have you back out there today! You were doing great and looking great! Good job.

I know it must be hard on you about your daughter leaving. I can't imagine leaving my mom to live in another state. But, you're right...it will be good for her to get those life experiences.

And you're crazy to do any training in the middle of the day. Yikes! That makes me miserable just thinking about it!!!!

LegalSec said...

Don't push the middle of the day thing. You know that the middle of the day in some places may be like one of our days at 5:30 a.m.

I know exactly how you feel about your daughter moving away. Especially when she's your baby. You know that my baby girl lives in South Carolina but she does love the Carolinas and is gaining so much by living away from home.

The random act of kindness is a great idea!

Sheila

Carol said...

It was great to see you back out there with us on your feet instead of on your bike! I know it's hard to see your daughter go but she's only a plane ride away. And these cell phones we all have now make us all available all the time so that should help a little bit.

Debra said...

Hi Jana:
Just so you know--I could not keep up with you even before Clark and I started talking cameras!! You are one swift mover. So glad to have you back and feeling good.
Those changes with our adult children are tough. I'm told it's character building. But I thought we had enough character!!

Debra

VICKIE said...

I WASNT THERE SATURDAY BUT I WONT MISS ANYMORE
GOOD IDEAL ABOUT THE RANDOM ACTS, ILL DO THAT,, WE SHOULD BE DOING I ANYWAY, EVERYDAY!

HAVE A GOOD WEEK,,

Christa said...

I'm so glad that you have recovered so well Jana. You are awesome and did really great on Saturday. You don't look like you've taken any time off at all! Way to go, as Mark would say. I know you are sad about your daughter but just think how much fun you'll have when you go visit. I love your random act of kindness challenge. I accept your challenge!

cjonesrun said...

It is tough when one of your chilluns moves away...both of my sons moved away to other states, but alas, THEY'RE BACK. I'm sure she will move back one day, but the time away is invaluable to her growth. She will also appreciate mama a lot more. So glad you are out on the course again!