Wednesday, July 25, 2007

X Rated Blog

Everyone has gotten so good about blogging! I haven't been so good. I have been keeping up with my training. I was a slug Sunday though, went to church, lunch, and house hunting but no XT. My blisters kept me from doing much walking.

Monday I wogged on the treadmill for 45 min. and Tuesday for 30 minutes. On the treadmill I was able to increase my run interval to 3 and sometimes 5 minutes. I may try to run longer this Saturday since it is a "short" run and see how I do. After wogging Tuesday morning and then working all day (I stand most of the time) my blisters filled back up with fluid and my feet and legs hurt like Saturday! This morning I went to water aerobics and enjoyed every minute of it. Something about the water soothes your tired, aching feet and your poor ole joints. I fit right in with the other old blue hairs! I am just kidding about that. Water aerobics is an excellent way to exercise and somehow it is a well kept secret by older women. I don't know if it is because us younguns don't want to mess up our hair, don't think it is cool enough or a good enough workout, or we are working when the retired ladies can go, but when I go I am usually the youngest in the class! I highly recommend it. I even bought some gloves today at Fitness Lady to increase resistence.

One day this past week, I was at Fitness Lady about to get on a treadmill when I heard one of the personal trainers say "she ran 16 miles Saturday, you know she is training for the Chicago Marathon." Well, she wasn't talking about me but I was so proud anyway! I looked to see who it was but did not recognize them. Was it you?

Clark and I have been spending most of our free time house hunting. We are having a dilemma of whether to build and get what we want (and possibly a divorce. JK) or buy a house already built. We made an offer on a house last week and while we were negotiating the homeowner accepted another offer. Legal, but not ethical. I have been pretty bummed out about that but I know there is something better out there for us. We want a house on the water, preferably Madison County but haven't found one we like or in our price range.

BTW, I must say that exercising is good for your sex life. That is all I am going to say about that. (Clark, no pressure, that is my opinion TODAY. I don't know if it will change tomorrow.)

Hope everyone has a great week. Looking forward to Saturday and a great run!

10 comments:

wayne said...

hey...that patient will be seen tomorrow----THX SO MUCH....if i can help you w/ anything---let me know...wayne

The Miller's Blog said...

Jana! You crack me up, girl! You just have that sly sense of humor that you just sneak in on people. You and Clark are hilarious!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Glad you were able to do some water aerobics. Seriously, I have always had an interest, but I am not a member at any gym AND I thought maybe it would cramp my style. :-) You know, since I'm sooo stylish and all.:-)

I don't know if you saw my post on your last blog, but I went to see Meredith Travelstead yesterday and she didn't know you were doing this, nor Clark. I told her I was sooooo in love with both of ya'll!!!!!!!!!

Debra said...

I am on the floor laughing! You threw that little zinger in right after the house dilemma segment. And, I didn't even notice the title of the blog before I started reading! Yeah, the running is great for that extra activity. However, it better be early in the evening. ha

Debra

lisathehornplayingturtle said...

Jana,
Thanks for the encouraging comment. The same exact thing happened to us ten years ago on a three bedroom house. We were very disappointed. It was a blessing in disguise. The next week we found a great deal on a four bedroom in a better neighborhood. You're right, the house for you will show up soon. You're doing great!

LegalSec said...

You are crazy!! Too bad I haven't been exercising enough! Sorry about the house deal. I know how excited you were about it. But, there's a better one out there. . . it just takes patience.
Sheila
p.s. When I go to the pool at the Jackson Healthplex I'm usually the youngest and the skinniest! How sad is that!?!?!?

Chicago_or_Bust said...

No Comment !

Clark

Carol said...

TMI!!!!! Sorry about the house. I LOVED building mine although I only had to deal with one opinion about stuff--mine! But, then, of course, now I have to deal with only one paycheck paying for it, and no one to reap the benefits of the marathon training either. And, I love swimming. I swam today and it made my muscles feel ever so much better. And I do like going to water aerobics sometimes but they think I'm a baby when I go there!

catseye said...

Got a little close to TMI there in your blog :)

I'm working on the party invitation which will tout the "best butt" contest. Really looking forward to it!

cjonesrun said...

Hope Clark took advantage of that window of opportunity...we, too, have been in a dilemma about the house building vs buying thing. We have a lot on a lake and when someone recently offered us more than twice what we paid for it, it made me want to keep it and build! So, we will start the process by the end of this year...I wish I could just go to sleep, wake up and it would be done including the moving...fantasyland...I love it.

queen said...

woo-HOO Jana!! seems that depression isn't the ONLY thing that gets better!