Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Yesterday was a good day. Clark and I set our new watches for intervals of 2minutes and synchronized our time. We ran two minutes and walked two minutes for a total of two miles and then walked the last mile with one 2 minute interval of running stuck in the middle. He is really being a sweet, supportive husband (did I just say that?) He is pushing me but somehow is knowing just how far to push before the breaking point!! If it were up to me, I probably would never advance in my workouts.
We rewarded ourselves with sushi at Nagoya. If you have never tried sushi you are really missing out. So good, low calorie (unless you eat until oblivion) and good for you. Try to use the thick pink sauce sparingly - probably more calories than allowable on a diet.
We always have the same breakfast every morning. When you are "old" and female you have to eats lots of fiber! Fiber One cereal (14 grams fiber in 1/2 cup), 1/2 banana, 4 dried apricots, small amt. almonds or walnuts, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and splenda. Light Vanilla Soy milk poured over. I have also started putting a couple of teaspoons of oatmeal on top (thanks to Robin!). If I have fresh or frozen blueberries or strawberries I add them. I have found that if I have a good healthy breakfast it helps me eat healthy all through the day.
Keep on keeping on.......................................................one day at a time!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Keep on taking it one day at a time and before you know it, we'll be in Chicago! You're doing great!