Thursday, March 15, 2007

Clark's Knee Surgery


Clark had his surgery today. He is at home on the couch with his leg propped up popping Tylox. Dr. Shelton said his medial meniscus was okay and the lateral meniscus had a terrible old injury. He had other old cartilage damage that may eventually effect running. He told Clark he needed to be a biker instead of a runner. Clark has decided that if he can't wog he will walk to the finish line. He is maintaining a great attitude.
There is only one problem for a doctor having surgery. The nurses! They get you back for all the teasing, jokes, and pranks you have pulled on them over the years! The recovery room nurses at Baptist painted Clark's toenails and put tatoos on him while he was asleep. It was so funny I thought I would share with you guys! Clark said he thinks Rock On Red is his color!!

7 comments:

Mark Simpson said...

LOL! He can do it! Biking, I hear is worse on the knees.

Robin said...

Ooohh! Pretty, pretty! I'm glad it went well!

catseye said...

Cute! Glad he's on the road to recovery.

Actually biking is not so hard on the knees if you get the seat right and spin at a high cadence in a low gear rather than muscle your way up a hill in high gear.
My husband really has knee problems but they're okay if he bikes like that. (Problem for him is trying to pedel me on the back of the tandem, and the problem for me is trying to match his cadence!)

LegalSec said...

I'll probably end up walking it myself and I don't have a knee injury. LOL! I love the polish color - I think I'll give it a try on my next pedicure!

Christa said...

Clark has lovely feet! I thought they were girl feet until I read your blog. If he can't run the marathon, he can walk it with the rest of us. Don't let him give up. And take good care of him. We hope he has a speedy recovery!

VICKIE said...

i love it, only a nurse could really appreciate that being done to a doc.. ha,,
hope ya'll are doing good and his re-hab goes good,,
take care,,

queen said...

maybe i'll get clark's nurses to do my next pedicure - looks like they should do it professionally!