Friday, March 23, 2007

Persevering with disappointment

"To succeed, however, in anything at all, one should go understandingly about his work and be prepared for every emergency." -- Joshua Slocum
********************************

I LOVE reading everyone's blog. I read them every day even before I read my email! It is comforting to know most everyone is struggling daily as I am. Since Clark has had to drop out I am having to work harder to keep focused - but..........I AM staying the course. I have not missed a day yet. I can only thank God for keeping me healthy.
I admire you guys with small children. It is so hard to find time for yourselves. Also, I admire all us older folks. Did any of you ever think you would attempt something like this? I never even thought about it but when I saw the write up in the paper I knew I had to do it. Isn't that weird. I have never exercised (much) or played sports or been athletic - am barely able to walk and chew gum!!
I am wogging today at Strawberry Patch Park. I am leaving at noon today for a Beth Moore conference in Shreveport and won't be at the meeting tomorrow or have a chance to wog. The topic of the conference is "Getting Out of the Pit." Beth is a Christian speaker who is a great inspiration to a lot of people. Hope I learn a lot of stuff.
Take care and have fun without me!!

4 comments:

catseye said...

I'm sorry that Clark will not be able to run with you, but take heart in all the others who be there with you on that course, marathoners all.

Be sure to give a yell if you need someone to train with.

We'll have to get our husbands hooked up to be our "curb crew"! (My husband is not participating, but will be going to Chicago with us).

Robin said...

Hey Jana,
We will miss you tomorrow - have fun at the conference. I am sure it will be good. You can do this and Clark will be so proud!
See you next week!

VICKIE said...

hope you have a safe trip, ive read some stuff by her before, she is really good,
take care,,i wont be at the next weekend one, the hubby will be home sunday for 10 days and im sure ill be on eagle lake those days with him, so it will be the next, take care, ,and see ya soon!

cjonesrun said...

Just discovered your very interesting blog...love the story about your painting...I have decided that when i retire which will be in a couple of years, I am going to try oil painting. Nope, never attempted anything similar, but you have inspired me to "go for it". I hope Clark's recovery is going well.