Thursday, March 1, 2007

My Pants are Tight!

This is my fifth week of consecutive exercising, doing everything I am supposed to do, eating right, no sugary desserts, no trans fats, whole grains, "super foods," etc. I put on a pair of jeans last night that I wear all the time and they are tight! I am freaking out! I am too scared to get on the scales. I am trying to keep telling myself that my body IS changing underneath, that my new muscles are just pushing the fat to the surface and it will soon slough off!! As the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day. Gotta remember that.........................................................................................................................................

Yesterday at work a Sales Rep brought breakfast - Star Bucks coffee with huge pastries and cakes and then another brought lunch - cheesy chicken casserole, buttery honey rolls, and a salad coated with a sugary type balsamic dressing. I ignored the breakfast (had already had cereal at home - that helped my willpower) and ate a small amt. of the casserole and salad without the rolls. People at work just think I am trying to lose weight (I haven't told them about the Marathon yet). They tell me I am "no fun," "one won't hurt you," etc. It is tough in a world where you are in the minority trying to eat right!

6 comments:

Believe in Miracles ~ Lisa B Davis said...

Hang in there.... I know what you mean. I do not drop it like I used to. How old are you? That can make a difference too. I just keep telling myself that I know it is going to come off, I just have to hang in there. I have always been a "I want it NOW" kinda gal and weight loss was no different. I can tell you from experience, unless you STICK with whatever you do, it does not stay for MOST people... I'm sorry and I promise I won't spit on any of you that can get it off with ease and keep it off or never even get to be a BIG girl... but I promise... I DO want to sometimes! I keep trying to convince myself that I AM EATING more healthily and am getting healthier. That has to be step one. We will be increasing exercise too. Are you drinking LOTS of water? A lot of info says 64 oz, but as Mark mentioned last Saturday... most resources say to take your weight in pounds, divide it by 2, and that is how many onces of water you should be drinking each day.

Hope that helps...

Lisa (the other one)

Seeyanthewindycity said...

Me Too! I feel your pain. I am having the same problem, but trying not to get discouraged. As an expert in the yo-yo dieting field, I find myself consistently reminding myself that when you approach diet as a lifestyle change or long-term goal, rather than resorting to the latest fad diet....change WILL occur, but slowly. I think the wardrobe malfunction for me comes from incorporating running into my exercise regimen. It is working and strenthing muscles that have never been worked to this extent. My best guess anyway?

Robin said...

You are doing great and it will get easier, just hang in there. You can do this! Pretty soon they'll be wondering where all of your new energy is coming from!

Did I Just Do What I Think I Did? said...

Thanks for the comments!
I am 51 and post menopausal - know that is most of my reason. I have also started taking bio-identical hormones so my body is kinda in shock I think. Probably don't drink enough water but I do drink alot. I still know I am getting healthier even though not skinnier but hopefully that will come with time! I have NEVER been able to lose weight fast or even keep it off for an extended period of time. We have Jeff Galloway's book 'Marathon You can do it! and he says not to diet while you are training. Of course, eat the right things but don't diet. He also says that we Americans want everything NOW and he is right!!!

VICKIE said...

i had been thinking about those kinda of hormones but i didnt know about them, i prob need something, and im kinda scared of the others, my mom had breast cancer and sarcoma turmor on her knee, so im kinda scared of them, so right now im kinda sweating them out, ha, and i know you know what i mean, ha, but i think all this exercise has helped that also, very flustrating about the weight and it has to be true what they say, we all cant be running our tails off and not losing weight.ha.
hope you have a good day, and see ya sat!, ill try to find you,, or you me,
byeee

nissannurse said...

I'm tired of eating like a horse after each workout. It seems like my appetite has doubled. Summer is coming! Maybe my sweat will help out.