Wednesday, August 1, 2007


I have been working hard to finish this painting. Still have more work to do on it but thought I would share.
This has been a slow week training for me. I missed the run on Monday but managed to XT Sunday and yesterday I walked on the treadmill. I went to Fitness lady after work and forgot to take my industrial strength bra so could not run. Glad you men don't have this to worry about! Hope I am up to the mental challenge Saturday. The heat seems to be getting to me more than usual. I also have been eating a lot of bad things that I never eat! We had a reception for Clark's daughter and our new son-in-law Saturday night so we have had family from out of town here until Tuesday.

My daughter's little dashhound had to be put to sleep Monday. She was only four years old. She became paralyzed Thursday due to congenital back problems that these dogs are prone to have and was in really bad shape. She was in perfect health and my daughter let her out to go to the bathroom. She would not move away from the door so my daughter picked her up. When she did Chloe bit her. Jill dropped her and she ran to the bed and lost bowel function. They took her to the vet and she never came home. My daughter has been so upset. Chloe was such a sweet little dog!
Clark and I are sitting here watching Fox News about the bridge collapse in Minneapolis. Unbelievable! Can you imagine being on that bridge when it collapsed! OMG
The weather report says rain Friday and Saturday. We may make it after all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana,
What a beautiful painting! Thanks for sharing your work. I know that the heat is really getting to everyone this week so it isn't just you. I think that it is playing with our mind. I am resolved to complete the 18 miles even if I have to crawl the last couple miles. My goal at this point is to just finish.
My heart goes out to your daughter. I have gone through this and it is never easy.
Get your mind in the Zone for Saturday. These are truly the hardest days of our training but look how very far we have come! Suzanne

Carol said...

The picture is very beautiful but I am so sad for your daughter. I know she is heartbroken. And that bridge thing is awful and scary.

The Miller's Blog said...

Jana, I'm sad to say that I don't know what an industrial strength bra is.... ;-)

I'm so sorry about your daughter's dog. That makes me soooo sad....

And your pic is rockin'! I guess you haven't gotten to the point of displaying any at shows? Or selling any?!

cjonesrun said...

You are so talented, Jana...what a great creative hobby.

I am praying for rain on Saturday! I have not done well at all this week on my training. This heat runs me inside and that is where I want to stay! Cheryl

queen said...

what talent! your painting is absolutely beautiful!!!

sorry about the puppy. they become part of the family, don't they.

Debra said...

We've had many dog friends over the years and had to go thru letting them go. It doesn't get any easier. I announced after the last one died that we would have no more. Six weeks later I brought PooBear home and within a year had found Sam online at the Hattiesburg shelter, and then Pumpkin walked up to me in a cotton field. As you see -- I stick by my guns!

Your work is wonderful.

See ya on Saturday. Think I'll be walking alot. I've been out in the heat just enough to know that this time of year the important thing is to just stay on our feet for 18 miles.

Debra