Sunday, May 6, 2007

Extending Our Limits................................

My fortune cookie today at lunch said: "One extends one's limits only by exceeding them." I think that is what we all did yesterday! It was a great feeling going across that finish line - and we liked it so well we did it twice!

I was glad Clark was around on his bike when Christy fell. After assessing her injury he was able to call the race officials and have a golf cart sent to her right away. It is nice to see him riding around watching over us all. He has been invaluable to us, with the accident in Clinton and then yesterday. When Nancy had to go to the ER, he was able to call ahead, talk to the ER doctor and get her in right away (instead of waiting forever in the ER waiting room). The thing I appreciate most is that, even though he is unable to run, he still chooses to go with me every Saturday when he could be doing a lot of other things. He loves our group and enjoys being with all of us. He must always be giving of himself to be happy.

I had sad news today. One of my favorite patients died of cancer. She died Wed. but I just read it in the paper today. Also, my daughter called tonight and said her dad has a melanoma on his foot. He will have it removed Tuesday and we will find out then if it has spread. Please say a prayer for him.

On a lighter note: We saw Spiderman 3 today. It was great. I highly recommend it. Great special effects. We biked afterwards and got my XT in. I was amazed at how strong my legs are getting.

Hope everyone has a great week. We will be at a family reunion Saturday so will be absent from the run. Stay safe!

8 comments:

cjonesrun said...

Congrats on the weight loss and on completing the mileage on Saturday! I, too, will miss this next Saturday---going to a wedding in New Orleans.

Debra said...

I was very glad that Clark was out there keeping an eye on us also. The trail was treacherous and I'm so glad he got help to Christy quickly.

Hope ya'll have a great week!
Debra

Kayra said...

Clark is awesome, I'm so glad he is there every Saturday. He always seems to know just when I need a word of encouragement.

The Miller's Blog said...

Well, if you and Clark are going to miss a Saturday run, I am glad it will be the same Sat. I won't be there! (Hee hee.) I like having ya'll there (among everyone else) because you and Clark are so supportive and encouraging!!!! And I will say a special prayer for your daughter's dad. Sorry to hear that.
And we are all so glad Clark is part of this team. Ya'll are the best ever!!!!

queen said...

sorry about your daughter's dad. hope he's ok. funny how we care about those people in our past lives.
great that you have lost some weight. maybe i'll be next (i guess i have to quit eating cookies now).
and a party sounds like a great idea! maybe i'll put a note about it on the forum and see what happens!

Christa said...

Clark IS invaluable to us, by being there physically, but mostly emotionally! He is remarkable to have suffered the disappointment of having to quit running yet still give his time, energy, and positive attitude so freely. I am thrilled that he gets to be out there on his bike with us and it truly wouldn't be the same without him!!! You two are an amazing couple and you give me hope that I'll have that kind of a relationship someday! I am so sorry to hear about your patient, I know that is hard! And I hope the melanoma hasn't spread. Skin cancer is a horrible disease! I can't tell you how much I'll miss you and Clark on Saturday! And I'll be out of town the next 2 weeks after that so I won't see you for a month! I HATE that! We'll keep in touch by blogging and email though! Have a great time at the reunion!

VICKIE said...

ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE CLARK OUT THERE, HES A REAL TROPPER FOR BEING THERE, HES LIKE OUR LITTLE GURADIAN ANGEL!
HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK, AND ILL REMEMBER THE PERSON YOU MENTIONED IN MY PRAYERS TONIGHT,
TAKE CARE
VICKIE

Ann and Bob said...

Thanks for your encouraging words. You and Clark have been so supportive of everyone