Wednesday, May 9, 2007

This and that..........................

Clark and I went to Suzanne's (Goin the distance Suz) open house at GI Associates last night. The appetizers were delicious and we were able to see a lot of old friends and coworkers. I heard lots of stories about Clark when he was in medical school and just starting out. It was hard to recognize Suzanne in dressy clothes without her running shorts. She was looking very stylish and important and very CEO like! We enjoyed it very much Suzanne. Thank you for the invitation!

Afterward, we ate at Nagoya and then walked at Strawberry Park. Clark walked with me because it was dark. I talked him into it because it was a short (30 min.) day and he seemed to do okay. Someone had left a young duck at the park (we figured it to be an Easter duck that got too big). That duck was following everyone around and crying. Shame on those people for leaving that little duck to die. He can't take care of himself because he has not learned to get his own food and is not acclimated to the wild. Mean humans.

My exhusbands melanoma is a Stage 2. He will actually have it removed next week by a surgeon. We had a slight communication problem (go figure - we are ex's) and I thought it was to be removed yesterday. Hopefully that is not too bad.

Several of us want to have a get to know each other party. We could all bring our tastiest healthy dishes for pot luck. We will try to get the clubhouse at Lake Caroline one evening this spring or summer. If anyone has any other suggestions, lets hear them!
Gotta run..........HA
Jana

6 comments:

cjonesrun said...

Great idea about the party...I will supply the name tags and bring some food(healthy-ugh) and drink. Hope your ex is gonna be okay...I am sure your daughter is worried. Looks like you did well at the Cannonball 10K!

Chuck Gautier said...

that is a great idea regarding the get together. I could also get the Ridgeland Rec Center on the Rez pretty cheap, too.

catseye said...

You know, I love to throw a party and was thinking about having a covered dish type of affair at my house at the half way point. I think that will be the end of May. Probably even better would be to do it in conjunction with the half marathon -- which would be a little longer than half way in time, but would be half way in distance.
So that's June 23. Think anyone would be up to partying that evening after a 13.1 mile walk, wog, jog, run?


I can accomodate a crowd at the house. I have a big open plan with a large enclosed patio.

Mark Simpson said...

I say we have a party before the half marathon AND after the half marathon. We are organizing the post-half-marathon party.

AmyW said...

I am thinking you were not there at Fleet Feet on Saturday. Missed you and biker dude. Maybe see you at Strawberry this week. I've got to work harder this week on doing the whole time for each day's assignment. I cheated this week, only went 30 minutes or so on M,T, and Th., and today was VERY DIFFICULT, as far as heat and endurance. If you see me at Strawberry, flag me down and make me go with you around some more miles.

The Miller's Blog said...

Just say the word party and I'm there with bells on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!