Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Okay, I did nothing in the way of training today. Why, you asked? Because we were too busy riding around in my new red convertible Mini Cooper! Yes, that's right! Clark and I drove to Baton Rouge yesterday after he got off work and picked it up. It is so much fun! It is red with black interior and so cute!
I did work out yesterday. Water pilates, elliptical and bike totaling 1 hour, 35 min. It is NOT the same as wogging. I just don't feel like I did when I was able to run/walk. Not the same level of workout it seems. But, I will be a good patient. My heel is still really sore so I don't actually think it will be healed in two weeks. We will just have to see. Don't want any permanent damage or an actual break. I see people suffering with permanent injuries every time I go to work and it is not for me.
Maybe Saturday while you guys are running I will drive my Mini along beside you. I think it will fit on the trails and not take up much more room than my bike! LOL

Jana

14 comments:

LegalSec said...

That is so cool!!! I kinda had a "crush" on one of those a few years ago. I would love to go for a ride in it some time. Yes, we both have to take care of our injuries so we won't have permanent damage. Chicago will be fun either way we participate because WE ARE MARATHONERS!!! See you on the 23rd.
Sheila

Debra said...

Can't wait to see that cute red cooper out there with us. I think you should get a checkered racing flag to wave in the wind! Or, maybe Mark has a marathon makeover flag.

Take care of that heel! We need you.

Debra

runswithSandy said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!! I test drove them in Memphis in January, and have wanted one ever since. You ROCK!!! When we get the current car payment eliminated, that is next on our list, for sure.

Christa said...

I'd love to see you on the trails with us in your Cooper. I bet it would fit actually! That would be cute! Congrats on your new toy!

Chuck Gautier said...

You will have to ride it in our Christmas parade! They are so fun to drive!

Kayra said...

that is so cool! yes, bring the car. some of us may need a ride back to our cars. LOL

queen said...

you think if i break a bone too clark will buy me one?? please clark??

cjonesrun said...

Cool car! We have talked about getting exactly that...a mini coop convertible when we retire since we both drive company cars right now. Yeah, bring it on the trail so I can hop on the bumper (is there one?) when I need a break! BTW perfect excuse not to train.

Cheryl

The Miller's Blog said...

Yea Jana !!! Congrats on the new car. You totally deserve it!

The Miller's Blog said...

p.s. clark might think you would be safer driving the mini instead of your bike on the trails!!! LOL!! j/k

Mark Simpson said...

Welcome to the Mini world. I LOVE mine and you will have a blast... just don't get any tickets! BTW, Wayne said that you would be ready for Chicago!

Robin said...

Enjoy, enjoy! I can't wait to see it!

Cincha said...

Kewl beans!! Can't wait to see it. I bet it is FUN to drive.

stephanie said...

Thank you! I love my baby angels!! They are so sweet. It was fun eating with you guys Sat. AM! Thanks for letting me drive your car! It was so fun. :o) It is such a cute car!! Hope your heel feels better soon! :o) have a great week.
steph