Monday, June 4, 2007

Remember "The Shining"


This is a picture of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. It was used in the movie "The Shining." Pretty scary looking.

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is the wedding was beautiful. Everything went off without a hitch. We will send some pictures to Photo Bucket or somewhere so you can see if you want. We had a really good time.

The bad news is I hobbled around all week. I went to see Dr. Tip Sullivan this morning and he is sending me for a nuclear scan Wednesday to see if I have a calcanal (sp) stress fracture. He was able to see something that looked like a fracture on xray in his office but couldn't be positive. The weird thing is I can walk perfectly well in high heels! With my low heel casual shoes and tennis shoes I look like I am crippled. He said if I don't have a stress fracture he would probably put me in 1/4 inch high heel insoles. I am not supposed to do any running, etc. until after the scan. I rested from running and walking last week and only did the elliptical three days. I can go forward on the elliptical without any pain but not backward. I am so worried about having to build my endurance back up!

I told Dr. Sullivan I was training for the marathon and he asked me if I was going to cry. Well, I wanted to! When I told him it was in October he told me that even if this is a stress fracture I will be able to train for the October marathon. Thank you, God! I will just have to change my program somewhat. I don't know what to expect but will hopefully find out Wed.

I will let you guys know. For all of you with heel pain - the way he diagnosed it was - he pressed the right and left side of my heel with both hands and I had a lot of pain.

Matt, you made my day. Clark has been making fun of me for listening to Michael Buble's "Perry Como/Frank Sinatra" music! I am sure he said he couldn't believe he was married to such an old person! Well, you must be old too!!!

Can't wait to see everyone Saturday. I may be on my bike with Clark and Robin. Hopefully, I won't be totally grounded.

9 comments:

LegalSec said...

Good to have you back, but sorry about your possible stress fracture. As they say, "time heals all wounds." I also say it takes patience, which is the hardest part of healing. Do what the doctor says and you will be back out there out-running us all!
Sheila

The Miller's Blog said...

Oh,man. I hate to hear that!!! But, you do have until October, and you have been doing so well! I am confident that even with a setback you are gonna do just fine!!!! We're here to help each other along the way. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Kayra said...

sorry to hear about your heel. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be back running in no time.

Debra said...

Hey Jana!
I'm a big Fan of Dr. Tip Sullivan! He put me in orthotics over 10 years ago because of heel spurs. That's the only reason I have even been able to do this.
If he says you can be ready by October than I firmly believe you can be. I had to slow down and limp awhile with the IT cord a few weeks ago, and missing 2 saturdays in a row (including the upcoming) is driving me crazy. So I do know what you mean by keeping up the stamina. We'll all work it out together.

Debra

Christa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your injury, but you are so strong that I know you will bounce back quickly! Please keep us posted on your test results. I miss you and Clark sooooo much and I can't wait to see you Saturday!

Chuck Gautier said...

Sorry to hear about the heal- I am sure you will rebound quick. We need you Clarks' out there! Take care, and who is this Como guy, anyway??!! Is he the drummer for Nirvana?

queen said...

i'll be joining y'all on my bike saturday too. maybe we'll just have our own little club!

but i can tell you this. i've been out of the regular training for less than 3 weeks, and i can really feel the loss of muscle and stamina. seriously. so, you HAVE to make a major effort to cross train. i've been doing a little bit every day. but i should have been doing a LOT every day instead.

good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I know everything will turn around and be fine. Suzanne

catseye said...

Hope the scan comes out okay and its nothing that some rest and a little time won't take care of.
Thanks for your contribution to the poem. It's great. Very creative!