Thursday, June 21, 2007

WOO! HOO!

Elliptical - 13.1 miles
time - 2 hours 49 minutes
calories burned -1500
feeling afterward - priceless!

I did it! I just had to prove to myself that you guys were not going to leave me standing at the starting line in Chicago! I know I had 10 TV's to watch at Fitness lady, bathrooms close, water fountain close and air conditioning but I DID IT! I feel so much better. I feel like my endurance is where it should be at this point!
I did two/two intervals of easy then harder. I went for one hour then refilled my water bottle, went to bathroom and ate a GU. That was 4.55 miles. The second time I went for 1.10, 5.45 miles, and repeated. The third time was the hardest, 3.1 miles. It was so much easier to have the short breaks in between. I would always go to a new machine also to break up the monotony.
My knees are really sore but my heel feels fine. YEA!
We will still be there Saturday riding our bikes. I plan on making up my hour today on the bike Saturday.

12 comments:

Carol said...

I am majorly impressed. I can barely stay on the elliptical for 5 minutes so I can't believe you managed to go for that long!!!! I'd be crippled and crazier than i already am. But, I'm proud of you and feel certain that, with your determination, you'll be running along with everyone else in October!!!

The Miller's Blog said...

YEA JANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome! Good for you.

Debra said...

Outstanding, Jana!
Funny how this whole marathon thing makes you want to do whatever you can to keep in the game. I've become quite obsessive about training at times,which directly impacts my ability to stay awake during the work day.

Look forward to seeing you out there sat. But remember, you've already gotten your time in!

Debra

Robin said...

Yea, Jana! With all that time spent on the big "E", your butt should be in the running! heehee, couldn't resist!

LegalSec said...

You Rock!!!
Sheila

Chuck Gautier said...

go Jana, go Jana!

cjonesrun said...

Wow, that's all I can say...being on the elliptical that long must be a record of sorts. Didn't Fitness Lady give you a medal?
Thanks for your comment on my blog. That is what I needed to hear...worrying is a waste of time. Time is what I am so short of right now! Gotta forget about worrying...it is like sawing sawdust!

catseye said...

Great job! I am so impressed. See you soon.

The Miller's Blog said...

Jana---guess what?! I accidently stumbled upon a recipe for molten chocolote melting cake....too bad I didn't find it time to make for the party tomorrow night....mmmmmm.

queen said...

i'm am VERY impressed! that E machine is HARDER than running!!!

wayne said...

been looking at a few blogs and stumbled up on yours...way to go,am proud of you...just to let you know i had a patient who went on the elliptical for several hours since he couldnt run before the SF marathon.(for nearly a month!)he was able to do the race and largely attributed it to his time on the elliptical...if i can help,just e-mail me or come by..wayne

Christa said...

You amaze me! I love how you have kept your positive, can-do-it attitude. You have managed to stay motivated and on track despite this injury. That is huge, really! I can't wait until you are out there on foot with us again, even though it's fun and cute to see you and Clark on wheels. You are such a great person and I am so glad we have become friends. I just love you and Clark! Have a great week!