Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ride em' Cowboy!

We will be flying out in the morning at 6:00 for Cody, WY. We will spend Thursday, Friday and Saturday sightseeing with friends in Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. Sunday we will have a wedding for Clark's best friend from North Carolina. He and his fiancee' wanted to join us on the mission trip and decided it would be a good time to get married! They will be married in the small Baptist church there by our associate pastor of Ridgecrest Baptist Church. Isn't this just so neat! Everyone there is so excited about the wedding. They are providing the cake and decorations, etc.

Three days next week will be spent painting, repairing, cleaning and landscaping the church and park and really just whatever else needs to be done. On the 4th of July some of us will go to the parade and the others (Clark and I included) will go white water rafting. Thursday will be spent preparing and cooking catfish and fixins for the church and basically the whole town. Going to the rodeo is on the agenda somewhere. We will fly back Saturday. This trip is a lot different from the mission trips we are used to. We have been on numerous medical trips to Mexico and Nicaragua where you are working hard all week. This will seem like a vacation!

Clark got a new fancy camera yesterday. He wants to renew his photography hobby so hopefully he will be able to take some really good pictures. We will try to post some.

Hopefully, I will be able to walk and keep my training up while we are gone. I have packed all my cute little wogging and biking clothes so I will have to! You know, it IS all about the clothes! I may have to get a cowboy hat to wear while I am walking so I will fit in! LOL

We will miss all of you folks the next two Saturdays.

Yall be careful out there!
Jana

11 comments:

Carol said...

Have a great time!

Debra said...

Make sure Clark takes a photo of you in cute runner's clothing plus cowboy hat!!

Have a great trip. See ya!

Debra

The Miller's Blog said...

Ha! I definitely think you need the hat! We will miss you! Have a good time and be safe.

Anonymous said...

I know you will both have a great time but you will be missed. See you next week. Suzanne

Robin said...

Gee whiz, Jana! I am going to miss y'all! Have fun, though, and we will see you in a couple of weeks.

LegalSec said...

Sounds like you will have a lot of fun for a good cause. Be sure to take lots of pictures for us.
Take care and we'll see you in a couple of weeks. I'll be leaving for Michigan on Monday and will return on Saturday. I think that will be the end of my traveling until Chicago. I HAVE GOT to get my self in better shape for that one!
Sheila

Christa said...

We're going to miss you and Clark MUCH more than you're going to miss us! Have a great trip! See you two in a couple of weeks!

Kim said...

Wow! What an action packed trip! My in laws go to Costa Rica every year with Habitat & they love it! Glad you enjoyed the quesadillas & glad you & Clark suggested the lakehouse :) Have a great time & watch out for bears.

cjonesrun said...

Keep the noise level up to ward off those grizzlys! Jackson Hole, Yellowstone was one of our favorite vacations...I know y'all will have a ball.

VICKIE said...

hope you have a good safe trip,,
i had an excellent time on our youth/mission trip,, i wasnt able to train like i wanted but what i got spiritually, equaled that,
stay safe
vickie

wayne said...

so...how is your foot doing?wayne