Friday, April 27, 2007

"Fantasy"



It has taken me about five hours to read through all the blogs I missed while on vacation but I had to know everyone's business! We had a fantastic time! It was so good to get away from everyday stress. Thought I would share a couple of pictures.
When I finished the run on Saturday I came home, got in the tub and turned on the cold water. It was very hard but it was kinda like boiling frogs. As long as it was gradual, I could stand it and I was not sore later at all!
We rushed to the bank, left for New Orleans and got in a terrible traffic jam when we got to Causeway Blvd. We almost missed the boat and then left all our money in the car!! I was grateful for our "Sail and Sign" card where we charged everything on the ship!
Clark's knee is in a mess. It has been very swollen the whole trip. Hopefully, he can see Dr. Shelton today and find out what is going on.
Training this week has not been bad at all except for being a little unstable on the treadmill on the ship. With all the food I ate it made me feel better to have exercised every morning. Something I would have never done in the past. I would have said "I am on vacation and I am not doing anything I don't have to do!" Well, I had to train to keep up with all you marathoners! I do not want to be left behind!

7 comments:

LegalSec said...

I wish I could get away like that. I'm sure it was beautiful and restful even though you did your exercising. I'm not sure I would have been that dedicated. See you tomorrow and next Thursday!
Sheila

The Miller's Blog said...

That's so great that you kept up with all the training! Talk about discipline. I'm so proud of you!!!! And also jealous.... I'd love a vacation... especially surrounded by blue waters.... Anyway, if I don't see you tonight I guess I will see you tomorrow. 7 miles here we come!

Debra said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! And you kept up training! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Debra

Robin said...

Hey Jana!
Glad to have y'all back! Way to go, keeping up the training. That proves that you are, indeed, a marathoner! See you tomorrow!

Christa said...

Oh, it looks wonderful! I know you guys had a great time. Kudos for exercising while you were sailing. You get bonus points for that! I hate to hear about Clark's knee. I hope it get's better. I'll see you tomorrow. You'll be looking all R'd & R'd, I'm sure!

cjonesrun said...

Wow, I forgot you had been on a cruise this week...a little bit of heaven, huh? I am impressed that you kept up your training on the ship. I find myself looking forward to exercising...what a great "side effect" of MM! Sure hope Clark can get his knee under control.

The Miller's Blog said...

I need to tell you how cute you looked Saturday morning as we passed each other! :-) You didn't even look like you had broken a sweat!