Monday, April 30, 2007

Really tired..........................

I tried wogging at Strawberry Patch Park this morning and could only go 2 miles! It was so hot and I was SO thirsty! I ran to my car for something to drink and once I stopped I just couldn't make myself go on! I know I can't wait until 9:00 to get started anymore with this heat. I am going to let this be my short day and try again tomorrow.

After 7 miles Saturday, Clark and I biked for 1.5 hours Sunday afternoon. I think I need a rest.
Mandy, your comment to my blog was sweet but I was like a duck - calm and cool on the surface and paddling like crazy under the water! Saturday was hard but felt so good when we finished.

Christa and Kayra, you guys did great. You really looked like you were into the groove of this thing and had your rhythym going.

Ann, the Race Ready shorts at Fleet Feet were way too short for me. I went to Academy Sports and found some BCG shorts that are longer and have several pockets. They were also $9.99 as opposed to $29.99. (Clark are you taking note?)

Saturday is going to be fun. Let's all do our best to do our required training so it won't be so hard! Drink lots of fluid this week and eat right - lots of good for you food! We can do this. We can do this. We can do this. We can do this.

5 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

Yes, we can do this!!!! And that's GREAT to know about the shorts. I have been trying to hold off buying any in the event that I might find some cheap(er) ones than Fleet Feet, and you just helped me out! Keep up the good work. We are all going to do great Saturday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jana,
I had the same experience on Monday. I just couldn't really motivate myself to go on. Like you, today will be my longer day.
Also, I ordered my race ready shorts from the company and they make longer ones that are comfortable. Fleet Feet has a limited supply of one style. Go to raceready.com
Suzanne

Christa said...

I'm tired too Jana. I think we all need and deserve a rest! Is it Friday, rest day yet? Keep up the great work. (I'm going to Academy this week!)

Robin said...

Thanks for the tip on the shorts! Longer is definitely better and, of course, so is cheaper!
Hang in there - those tired days can be hard, but it will pass, I promise. You are doing great!

catseye said...

I'd go for the camelback! It sure is a life saver and seemed to be pretty unobtrusive to me. Of course, I didn't actually run with it on.

For biking we use the big camelcamel backs, but I think those might be too hot for running. The Alterra just fits in the small of your back, but has a little pouch, too, for your keys, money, etc.

You mentioned on someone's blog -- can't remember where I read it -- about wanting to know about bike club, bike rides. Check out the Jackson Metro Cyclist Club. They have rides every weekend for different levels of riders.

http://www.jacksonmetrocyclists.com
I love to bike and am thinking about trying to bike in the "Hotter n'Hell 100" in Wichita Falls in August. I think it's the weekend before Labor Day. We've done it twice, once we made 100 miles, once we only did 77. (We have a tandem). It is really great fun and well supported. This year is their 26th year to put on the ride. We'll have to see how marathon training impacts bike riding. You really have to build some base miles before trying a century.
Sounds like your training is going well. Great job! Looking forward to seeing you this Saturday.