Thursday, April 19, 2007

TGIT (Thank God It's Thursday!)

I just finished my wog this morning. I did the best ever so far - 4 miles in 51.33. The first 2.5 miles my legs felt like they had lead weights attached but I kept on pushing and all of a sudden it got easier! My knees were okay too - YEAH!

Thanks to everyone for keeping Clark in the loop. He has kept up with the blogs, loves reading them and has made some great friends. He is especially crazy about Christa, Mandy and Robin! He really is a special person who puts me on a pedestal way too much. He knows how hard I am on myself and continually tries to keep me pumped up - a full time job! I could not continue this without his support.

Christa emailed me about the honda car repair shop and I thought I would share my return email with whoever has a Honda or Acura:

They are Carshop Inc. 114 Centre Street, Ridgeland 601-991-9663
Go down County Line like going to Northpark Mall and turn left on Ridgewood Road. Go to Centre Street (the road Shapley's is on) and turn left. They are on the left by Ridgeland Auto World.
They are good church friends of ours, David and Edna Morse. She works in the office there some. Tell them we sent you but it really doesn't matter because they will be good to you no matter what. They are just good honest people. They specialize in Hondas and Acuras.

Yeah! We get to be couch potatoes until Saturday! Not!!

4 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

Yeeeaaaaa for you. That's great time for 4 miles. You go girl. Chad is coming home to run with me this afternoon before bunco with the girls. So, I'll have somebody to keep me accountable. I need that sometimes.

And you are so lucky to have such a great husband as Clark. I, too, have an awesome husband, who without, I couldn't do all this training. He keeps me motivated, and like Clark, he puts me on a pedestal that can be a little high sometimes. But, it's great to feel so loved. See you Saturday. Oh, and I told Clark I am sooooo jealous of your little upcoming vacation. He said he was gonna keep that whip crackin'! Have a great rest of today and have a GREAT day off!!!!!

Robin said...

Great time, Jana! I can't wait to cheer you on in Chicago, you are going to have a blast. I was telling Mark Saturday night that I am glad Clark is staying plugged in and part of the group. He is such an encouragement to everyone. Y'all are a vital part of MM'07!

Christa said...

Congrats on your great wog!!!! Way to go! I feel the same way about you and your husband! I just love you two! I am so glad to have met you guys on this crazy journey. I promise you that it is the friendships that I've made that I enjoy so much more than the exercise! Can't wait to see you Saturday!

AmyW said...

The Carshop - yes it was a great place to get our older Acura worked on. We have been there, and they work wonders! Glad to know you know them. I saw you as I was leaving this morning, at Strawberry. You were just getting started. I only did two miles. Friday a.m. I will do my 6 miles there, as I will be out of town Saturday. If you are not working, look for me there. I will have on my new little blue Ironman watch, set for my beginner jogger interval. It SHOULD be a fun morning. It took me 87 minutes to do five miles by myself last weekend. Not too speedy!!