Saturday, April 7, 2007

MM Meeting

Today was a great meeting. Robin is just too cute. I want to look just as cute as she did today at the Chicago Marathon! Running, walking or crawling!

I enjoyed the walk very much with Beth Taylor. We talked the whole way and it made the time go by quickly. Did yall know she is Associate pastor of Parkway Hills United Methodist Church? She is such an inspiration and a joy to talk to. We walked the whole time and it gave my knees a good break as they are trying to heal. She said I was walking slow so she could keep up but truthfully it was the other way around!

It was great to finally meet Mandy and Sheila. Mike and Jonie were running intervals and looked like it was effortless. Christa was hanging in there also even with her sore back. Have yall noticed the caliber of people doing this thing? All the people I have met are just awesome. It's like everyone is an achiever, wanting to be the best he or she can be, wanting to live life to the fullest. We are all on an exciting adventure together and after this there is no telling what we can do!

Clark and I got our Road ID in the mail today. We opted for the one that attaches to your shoe so we wouldn't have to try to remember it each time. It looks good and make me feel athletic!

Debra, I agree about Mark needing a blanket. He made me cold by looking at him in his shorts and short sleeves. I had on three layers!

Have a blessed Easter tomorrow hopefully with your loved ones. Don't forget to go to church!!

4 comments:

VICKIE said...

hey , i didnt see you saturday, saw the dr but somehow missed you.
have missed the running/walking, hopefully i will be out again, having the mri tomorrow just to see whats going on, me and the doc might just have to watch from the sidelines, THIS YEAR and if i am sidelined ill be back next year,
hope you had a Blessed Easter
vickie

The Miller's Blog said...

Well put about everyone being an achiever. Although, I am having a bad training week....
Anyway, I think Clark was telling on me at the meeting Sat. when he asked the question about using Friday as a make-up day. I'm notorious for that.... Who's side is he on, anyway?! (ha ha, just kidding). It did help to hear that. But, I may have to do it again this week. It's just not a good week for me!!!

queen said...

nice to know SOMEBODY appreciates our efforts!! (my b/f told me the same thing! kinda made me happy!)

cjonesrun said...

Jana, Sounds like you are one of our disciplined friends...I have been on a downward spiral lately, so your blog is pumping me up! Thanks. Yes, I have noticed the caliber of people who are MMers...a special crew, for sure. Hope to see you Saturday!